OPEN MIC NIGHT MONDAYS @ RUBY!
Open to all! Come experience a safe place to showcase your talent and/or get some practice performing in front of others. Performances are open to music, poetry, prose, comedy, spoken word, theatre, and movement that fit within the parameters of our available time and space.
We will have 2 mics and 2 direct inputs available. We won’t have any instruments backlined. To make sure everyone gets a chance to get on stage we ask that you perform for as close to 10-12 (or less) minutes as possible. Come ready to quickly set up what you need! If you have questions, please let us know beforehand by posting here in the event page or coming early to figure out what you will need.
Here’s how it’s gonna go:
1. Get there. We will start at 9PM, but sign-up will start at 8PM.
2. Find the sign-up sheet! There will be no signing up before the doors open at 8PM!!!! Sign-up will continue through the event, but we can’t guarantee you a spot if it fills up.
3. Wait until your name is called by our badass host, Celeste Jones!
4. Get up there and do your thing! Keep it 10-12mins ok?? You’re gonna do great!
5. Now you have the chance to support your budding, magical, local community by grabbing a seat and being the audience member that someone else had been for you :)
Open mic is a vulnerable experience for many folks so we ask that while you’re in the audience you please check yourself to see if you are being conscious of the space you are taking up. No heckling. Hateful behavior of any kind will not be tolerated.
Let us know below if you have questions!!!! WE’VE GOT ANSWERS!
Can’t wait to see what you wanna share, friends!
FREE FREE FREE!